After the first United State of Women Summit last summer, you made it clear you wanted to keep learning and connecting in your local community. We heard you loud and clear, and that’s why we’re proud to announce the Galvanize Program! We’re bringing the United State of Women to communities across the country, tackling the challenges women face nationally and locally together. We’re kicking things off in Chicago on July 15th and 16th, arming women and allies with the tools and resources they need to keep organizing and fighting for gender equity.
What will we be doing?
We will have discussions on issues impacting women’s lives in Illinois, training tailored to the career field you’re passionate about, and an engagement fair where you’ll have the opportunity to connect with various organizations and activist groups.
You’ll hear from:
– Nichole Barnes Marshall, Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion Aon Corporation
– Inger Burnett-Zeigler, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Northwestern University
– Mrinalini Chakraborty, Head of Field Operations and Strategy – Women’s March Network
– Amara Enyia, Public Policy Expert and Principal at ACE Municipal Partners LLC
– Kimberly M. Foxx, Cook County State’s Attorney
– Toi Hutchinson, Illinois State Senator
– Valerie Jarrett, Former Senior Advisor to President Barack Obama and Chair of the Obama White House Council on Women and Girls
– Julia Kanouse, CEO of Illinois Technology Association
– Robin Kelly, Congresswoman IL-2
– Karen Kent, UNITE HERE Local 1, Chicago’s hospitality workers union
– Sam Kirk, Muralist
– Farissa Knox, Founder of RLM Media and WhatRUWearing
– Diane Latiker, Founder of Kids Off the Block
– Hind Makki, Interfaith Educator and Anti-Racism Activist
– Kady McFadden, Deputy Director at Sierra Club Illinois Chapter
– Dorri McWhorter, CEO of YWCA Metropolitan Chicago
– Iliana Mora, President and CEO of Women Employed
– Alex Niemczewski, CEO at BallotReady
– Channyn Parker, TransLife Coordinator Chicago House
– Juliana Stratton, Illinois General Assemblymember
– Anne Szkatulski, Founder of Rodham Consulting
– Tina Tchen, Former Chief of Staff to First Lady Michelle Obama and Executive Director of the Obama White House Council on Women and Girls
– Elena Valentine, CEO of Skill Scout
– Jennifer Welch, CEO and President of Planned Parenthood of Illinois
….With more speakers to come!
Learn more here: