Last October, a grassroots coalition forged a Women’s Agenda at the Assembly organized by Chicago Women Take Action (CWTA). On January 24, 2015, the CWTA Alliance is hosting a forum for the leading candidates of the Chicago mayoral election to express their positions on the agenda.
Chicago Women’s Mayoral Forum
January 24, 2015
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Chicago Temple, 77 W Washington St
Mayor Rahm Emanuel
Alderman Robert Fioretti
Commissioner Jesus “Chuy” Garcia
William “Dock” Walls
Cheryl Corley, NPR Correspondent
Seating is limited. RSVP (free) to ensure a seat.
Tickets and Entry
- Print your tickets and have them ready at the door.
- Doors open at 1:30pm. Ticketholders will be guaranteed entry until 2pm. After 2pm, if there are any seats left, those who have not registered will be allowed to take seats.
- If you reserved 10 seats in your order, you must contact us with the names of the 9 other attendees by Sunday January 18 at 5pm or you will only be guaranteed one seat.
- If you no longer plan to attend, please login to http://eventbrite.com and cancel your ticket.
Event Schedule and Format
- No placards will be allowed in the hall. This is a forum, not a rally, and we expect everyone to act appropriately to ensure that all attendees can make up their own minds. There will be no endorsements made by the Chicago Women Take Action Alliance.
- All five candidates on the ballot for mayor have been confirmed and will appear one at a time in the following order, with NPR’s Cheryl Corley moderating: Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Alderman Robert Fioretti, Commissioner Jesus “Chuy” Garcia, Willie Wilson, William “Dock” Walls.
- Questions for the candidates will be accept online at http://goo.gl/1IAeqf until 5pm Thursday January 22nd.
Brought Together by
American Association of University Women (AAUW) | Broadcast Ministers of Chicago
Chicago Area Women’s History Council | Chicago Jobs with Justice
Chicago Metropolitan Battered Women’s Network | Chicago Women Take Action
Coalition of Labor Union Women | Democratic Women of the South Suburbs
EarthHeart Foundation | Girlfriends Group | Girls in the Game
Girls on the Run | GlobalGirl Media | HotHouse
Independent Voters of Illinois Independent Precinct Organization (IVI-IPO)
Mujeres Latinas en Acción | National Council of Jewish Women Chicago North Shore Section
National Rainbow PUSH Coalition | Planned Parenthood | Rape Victim Advocates
The Voices and Faces Project | Younger Women’s Task Force